Updated 6/4/2020 10:43 am
Your health and wellness is a priority at NorthPoint. With recent developments on COVID - 19 we have new protocols in place for everyone’s safety.
Please call us with any questions - Clinic 612-543-2500 or Human Services 612-767-9500
NorthPoint is now offering drive-up COVID-19 testing by appointment only. Schedule at 612-543-2500 (click here for flyer)
Consider donating to our Food Shelf & Human Services to support the increased need in our community.
- FINANCIAL DONATIONS - Due to the overwhelming generosity of donors, we are running out of space for food and supplies. Consider making a financial donation so that we can purchase meat, milk, and eggs and other needed items.
Service Hours Update:
(Open - Temporary hours)
- Main Campus Clinic hours at 1313 Penn are 10 to 5 pm Monday - Friday and phones are answered at 8 am
- Pharmacy is open 10 to 5 pm Monday - Friday | Curbside Pick-up available | The pharmacy only fills prescriptions ordered by NorthPoint providers
- MNsure and Snap Enrollment are located at the Main Campus at 1313 Penn Ave 10 to 5 pm Monday - Wednesday
- Cora McCorvey Center is open 10 to 5 pm Monday - Friday
- Food Shelf is open 10 am to 4 pm Monday - Thursday and Intake closes at 3:30 | Free Produce available on Tuesdays & Thursday at 10 am rain or shine while supplies last.
- Harm Reduction and Testing Services located at 710 West Broadway | Call 612-223-3682 and 612-267-0305 for hours
(Open - Available by phone & email only)
- Human Services staff are working remotely and the office is closed for the public | Phones are answered Monday - Friday, 9 am - 5 pm for questions or assistance
- 800 West Broadway office is closed and all services and staff have been moved to the Main Campus at 1313 Penn
- Northside Teen Clinic is closed and all services and staff have been moved to the Main Campus at 1313 Penn
Please call: Clinic 612-543-2500 Human Services 612-767-9500
- Increased our cleaning frequency
- Everyone entering a NorthPoint location will be screened for COVID-19 and may be asked to take further precautions
- Human Services staff can be reached by email and phone
- Food Shelf is providing pre-packed food
Clinic services are by appointment only - walk in appointments are suspended until further notice
- Everyone will be asked to wear a mask. Please bring a mask if you have one. (click here for CDC guidance on making and wearing masks)
- Members of the public entering the clinic building will be screened before they enter
- Individuals that need to enter the clinic are asked to come alone (Minors may have one adult present)
Behavioral Health appointments are available by phone instead of in person
Dental appointments are for emergencies only
Medical appointments are for established NorthPoint patients with urgent needs and we are not scheduling new medical patient appointments at this time
- Harm Reduction and Testing Services has suspended testing services
Take the same precautions you practice to avoid colds and flu:
- Wash your hands
- Stay home when sick
- Cover your cough
Here are the trusted sources NorthPoint is using to stay up to date:
One of the most immediate ways you can help individuals and families suddenly struggling to meet their basic needs—particularly for food, is to make a donation to support our Food Shelf and our Mobile Food Program.