CLICK HERE to watch our Campus Expansion Groundbreaking Ceremony (8/12/21)!
NorthPoint clinic services are still on campus at 1313 Penn Ave N. Please note: the parking lot outside 1313 Penn Ave will be closed starting starting in mid-September for the next few months due to construction:
- Free handicap parking will be available in the north end of the lot across Penn Ave (enter from 14th Ave).
- Remaining visitors may use the free parking ramp at 1256 Penn Ave N. The entrance is at Plymouth Ave and Oliver Ave N. Exit the ramp the first floor, cross Plymouth Ave, and then cross Penn Ave to access the current clinic location at 1313 Penn Ave N.
- Please allow extra time before your appointments to adjust to these changes!
The 1315 Penn Ave N building has been retired to make room for the north expansion, and all the services have been relocated to 2 locations:
- Food Shelf location: 1835 Penn Ave N (at Golden Valley Rd)
This new location is just blocks from the NorthPoint campus on the corner of Penn and Golden Valley Road. There is street parking and limited parking spots behind the building. This is a temporary location for the Food Shelf until the new NorthPoint space is completed.
Call 612-767-9500 for more information.
Human Services location: 1256 Penn Ave N, Suite 5300
This location is on the corner of Penn Ave N and Plymouth Ave. Free parking is available. The parking entrance is on Plymouth Ave and Oliver Ave N. This is a temporary location for Human Services until the new NorthPoint space is completed.
Call 612-767-9500 for more information.
Campus expansion information
To meet the growing needs of the community, NorthPoint has embarked on an extensive campus expansion project surpassing $90 million, including an $87.15 million investment from Hennepin County. The expansion will double the square footage of the existing 67,000-sq. ft. facility to 135,000 sq. ft. The project consists of three phases:
- Phase 1 has been completed with the construction of the parking ramp and 5th floor administration offices at 1256 Penn Ave N.
- Phase 2 has been completed with the relocation of Estes Funeral Chapel allowing us to build on their old location on the northwest corner of Penn Ave N and Plymouth Ave.
- Phase 3 will be the expansion of our campus on the 1300 block of Penn Ave N. Once completed the expansion of the NorthPoint's campus will incorporate additional space that integrates clinic and human services.
- Economic impact: As the second largest employer in North Minneapolis, employing over 400 people with over 70 percent of employees having connections in the community, our campus expansion will further NorthPoint's economic impact in the community.
- Conservation impact: With the support of the Mississippi Watershed Management Organization, the expanded facilities will include infiltration gardens, which will remove 99.1% of the total suspended solids from their drainage areas, as well as 70.8% total phosphorous annually. Visit the MWMO website for more information.
Rendering of south addition from Plymouth Ave
Rendering of north addition from Penn Ave and 14th Ave
August 12, 2021 - virtual groundbreaking ceremony
NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center invites you to join us in celebrating our Campus Expansion Groundbreaking.
Program will begin at 3:30 p.m.
We will celebrate virtually. Please CLICK HERE to watch!
March 5, 2021 - Subcontractor information session
Hennepin County invited material suppliers and subcontractors that perform interior finish work to learn more about the upcoming NorthPoint construction project. This is an opportunity to receive project information, meet potential general contractors and learn about becoming CERT certified.
Visit www.hennepin.us/northpoint-project to learn about the NorthPoint construction project.
May - June 2019 - Demolition
These buildings will be removed to make space for new construction that will provide us with additional square footage to provide services.
- The old Estes Funeral Chapel vacant building on the north-west corner of Penn and Plymouth - completed
- NorthPoint Human Services Building at 1315 Penn Ave N
May 16th, 2019 - Community Celebration - Follow this link for pictures of the event
This community event will allow the public to check out the new space for NorthPoint Administration and Human Services at 1256 Penn Ave N..
We will also commemorate the changes that will happen on the campus with the demolition of the current Human Services building at 1315 Penn.
July 2018 - 1256 Penn Ave N parking lot opening
February 20, 2018 - Community meeting on all the Penn and Plymouth development projects
September 14, 2017 - Estes Funeral Chapel community groundbreaking
June 2016 - Community get-together about community development projects on Penn and Plymouth.
The NorthPoint Community Board in partnership with Hennepin County has adopted a community development and campus expansion project to meet this need and align with the mission, legacy and future of NorthPoint. This plan is a comprehensive community development strategy that leverages NorthPoint’s successful health, economic and social impact. The community development plan not only provides needed program space for patients and clients, but also extends its reach into the community providing major physical and economic development opportunities by working across multiple sectors including public, private, health, housing, food and transportation.