NorthPoint Health and Wellness Center, formerly known as Pilot City, has worked for over 50 years to address injustice, inequities and disparities that impact communities across North Minneapolis and Hennepin County. In this work, we have realized the intersectional issues that impact us and the people we serve. We are proud of our culturally responsive approach that our organization takes with each person and family. We also recognize that we are continuous in our development. We have listened to feedback from our teams and from the community, and we agree that NorthPoint needs to provide better service to the Two-Spirit, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex and Allies (2SLGBTQIA+) community.
Our 2SLGBTQIA+ Committee aims to create a more inclusive environment for 2SLGBTQIA+ people, ensuring a higher quality of care. There is much work to do, but we are taking deliberate action, while honoring and furthering the work of individuals from the NorthPoint family that have already led the need for change.
Action we are working on right now:
- Creating an intake process for integrated care
- Updating forms with inclusive and affirming language especially for our 2SLGBTQIA+ community
- Training employees to ensure 2SLGBTQIA+ centered care and services
Please check back for updates on we move forward.
We are a sponsor of the 2021 Minneapolis Trans Equity Summit. Find out more here.
This is the information we will have for Summit participants (check back for updates):
- NorthPoint 2SLGBTQIA+ Services (full-page PDF) (half-page PDF)
- NorthPoint Program information (PDF)
- NorthPoint COVID-19 Information (web page)
- NorthPoint Trans Equity Summit video (YouTube)
- Additional NorthPoint Services: